To all ESSDA members and Same-Sex/ Equality Dancers,
The last two years have been extremely challenging for all of us and social distancing has presented particular problems for partner dancing including of course same-sex and and equality dancing. It has been fantastic to be able to get back on the dance floor in recent months and we hope to see many of you in the not too distant future.
The last two years have also seen several changes to ESSDA with Pia, Patrice, Peter, Pat and Kai having stepped down from the board. We thank them very much for their contribution.
We would also like to take this opportunity to apologise for the recent inconsistent communication and delay to the work of ESSDA. Looking to the future, we have to make new plans to support our wonderful same-sex/equality dance community and we hope you will all contribute to this.
The new ESSDA board, in position as from 6 February 2022, and confirmed by the boardmeeting in April is:
- Marion Chambon – President Co-Female
- Davy Brocatus – President Co-Male
- Corentin Normand – Treasurer
- Mark Hebell – Secretary
- Tom Dane – Membership Officer
- Leezah Hertzmann – Boardmember
The most urgent matters on the board’s agenda are:
- showdance rules (we plan to have these ready for consideration at our AGM in August and to take effect from 2023)
- senior age categories
- follow up on EuroGames 2022/2023/2024/2025
- follow up on GayGames 2023
- ESSDA AGM will be on 20 August 2022 (online)
In the longer term, the board plans to work on:
- a fresh look at our position on issues of same-sex and equality dancing, and gender diversity and inclusion
- IFSSDA (constitution)
- Calender and Grand Slam
We very much hope that you will support our work by becoming or remaining a member of ESSDA. If you would like to know more about the work of ESSDA, please contact email@example.com
There is a lot of work to do and we need your help. If you would like to be actively involved in the board, in any of the projects mentioned above or have any other ideas please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONG ! KEEP DANCING ! See you soon…