European Championship Update!

We are excited to announce that ESSDA are working collaboratively with the team from Pandans, the organisers of the Dancesport events at Copenhagen Eurogames to ensure we can deliver a European Championship.

They have a great panels of adjudicators and already have a range of international registrations despite the challenges that 2021 has brought us to date.

We are delighted to be offering this level of support to our dance community and we look forward to a hugely successful European Championship. It’s not too late to register so we advise you to check out all the latest registration information:

The ESSDA AGM will also take place in Copenhagen at the end of the competition on Friday 20th August. Further information to follow.

Vienna Dance Contest – UPDATE

The Vienna Dance Contest 2021 has been postponed to 22nd October 2022. In the middle of the 3rd Corona wave in Europe, the 4th Lockdown in Eastern Austria and in times of different international vaccination speeds, we, the organising team, have decided on 6th April 2021, not to hold the Vienna Dance Contest weekend in October 2021. It is difficult for us to assess whether participants would be able and willing to practise, travel and to attend an international event of that scale. On the other hand, we are not sure whether we can offer sufficient Covid safety during the entire weekend program from Friday to Sunday, since our Vienna Dance Contest is also a social event, a meeting of the international equality dance family, so much more than just a sports event. Furthermore, the financing of our event requires six months in advance, therefore we have to make the decision now in spring. We are already preparing the Vienna Dance Contest 2022, for you, our Equality dance family. And we are working on a little project to keep us and you entertained and active. So watch that space!

Please stay healthy and active! With lots of love from Vienna!

Vienna Dance Contest – UPDATE

The Vienna Dance Contest 2021 has been planned for the 16th October. The most of the main pilars are secured since autumn 2020: the venue, the DJ, the chair, the scruteneers to calculate the results. But we, the organising team, haven’t made our mind up if we go ahead or not, as the future still seems to be very unsure in these Covid times. Please don’t book anything, but please please keep the date in your diary!!! This competition can only happen if enough financial funding is secured, well ahead of the time, and if we have enough dancers from abroad (who will have to be able to practice and plan their traveling ahead).

1 2 3 10